We are not an Emergency Hospital, we will refer you out to MedVet located out in Metairie. They have the 24 hour staff availability as well as advanced diagnostical machines to provide the emergency care you need.
If you get Dr. Griffith's voicemail on his cell phone after hours, in addition to leaving him a voice message, please TEXT him if possible as he may be in the middle of treating a patient. He can more quickly retrieve the text message and respond.
When leaving a message, please state if your pet is an active patient of our hospital as Dr. Griffith can remotely access you pet's medical record via the internet regardless of his location. (Our medical records are completely computerized, just like today's modern human hospitals) This is a precious time saver.
After hours emergency consultations are for existing clients only.
Hurricane Emergency Tips
JUNE is the beginning of Hurricane season and we want everyone to be prepared.
- Get a copy of your pets vaccination record NOW! Please give us a call if you dont have one..... there is no charge for a copy and we can e-mail it to you. Legitimate boarding facilities will require proof of DHPP, Lepto, Rabies and Bordetella vaccinations from licensed Veterinarian as well as a current fecal check for dogs.
- For Cats, proof of FVRCP, and Rabies vaccinations from a licensed Veterinarian will generally suffice.
- Have a 2 month supply of all of your pets prescriptions medications, prescription diets, Monthly Preventative (heartworm/intestinal parasite/fleas/ticks) and a written prescription for all medications.
- Some pets may need sedatives or tranquilizers for traveling, make sure you have enough for a couple trips.
- Please we encourage to microchip your pet to increase the odds of a safe and quick return in the event that he/she becomes separated from you.
- Pets under stress do not do well with an abrupt change in diet. Have about 2 months of their food ready to go, with a written prescription.
- Make sure you take collars, leashes, rabies tag, Kennels, carriers, bedding, toys, treats, and water to ensure the comfort and safety of your pet.